WORKING FOR A BIG CORPORATION – GOOD FOR MY CAREER…?


WORKING FOR A BIG CORPORATION – GOOD FOR MY CAREER…?

Full corporations power. Women's Business Network.

For the past several years the debate about advantages and disadvantages of working in a corporation has become more heated. If you are interested in these considerations - in the next couple of minutes, I will share with you how much I appreciate working for a corporation according to my personal experience of over 12 years. Disadvantages will wait for the next article, than I will need more than couple of minutes.

Several years ago I worked as a fitness instructor. At the end of the day I was exhausted. After a month I was flustered because I didn’t earn enough money to pay my bills. Looking for other sources of money I conducted workshops: healthy way of life. But still it was not enough.

My friend Bożenka worked for a corporation, so thanks to her I knew where the money was. It took me 6 months to get a job at GlaxoSmithKline Corporation.
It is then when my intensive development started. I thought that I won a lottery ticket. My salary increased significantly. I got a brand new car, red Renault Clio, a computer and a mobile phone.

Before I was allowed to go into the field to meet my first client I went through a 4-week training that included: professional client service, medical grounds, product training, reporting system. They trained us systematically and effectively. I loved it. I’ve always loved development trainings. I remember that during those times I started to dream to become a soft skills trainer.

I drive a lot. Average 3500 km per month. Every day I explore new polish areas.
When I moved from corporation to Biosense Webster Johnson & Johnson I didn’t drive so much, instead I started to fly a lot, and visit new places in the world and spent a lot of time with people from other countries. I spent 4 weeks on an introductory course in Hamburg with people from: Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Africa, Scandinavia. So I had 4 weeks of english, and not only english, lessons for free.

On average, once every two months I flew for a few days to a Congress. There I met very interesting and intelligence people and I had the opportunity to visit new cities like Milano, Lisbon, Prague, Madrid, Nice, Bordeaux, Denver, Jerusalem…


My main duties were to introduce innovative solutions for electrophysiological procedures in the Polish market. For example, system name CARTO, allowed treating cardiac arrhythmias by radio frequency current. It was amazing that we spend time in the treatment room with the doctors during the real life cases. I felt proud about my job because I was doing something useful for my country.

Over the 6 years I have done about 8000 sales visits and I completed many courses. So it was time to start receiving awards for achievements in sales. At the beginning it was awards for second places, than first in my department, after this in polish structure. In 2010 after 10 000 visits time finally came to win the most important and largest of the available awards: First place EMEA sales award.


It wasn’t because I was a nice person, not only. It was because at the beginning I worked very hard and studied a lot, later I combined hard work with smart work. I wasn’t even waiting for or expecting the awards. Now I know why I won the contests, it’s because I’ve done my job as best as I could, for 100 % of my abilities. And I’ve put my heart into these activities.

This award was associated with a trip to Puerto Rico. There, together with the other winners and the J&J heads we visited, swam on a catamaran, we relaxed on the beaches and ate great food. And believe me, to see the head of corporate only in swimming pants is priceless.

The greatest was that I could take my husband with me. After giving birth to the first child it was a very necessary and wonderful time for us.

As I’ve mentioned the company provided me with a lot of very comprehensive and professional courses, it helped me to become a very successful seller.

When I felt that I am ready to teach other people how to be a professional at their job, how to develop their business I decided to open my firm and I’ve done this according to corporate principles. Now the leading courses that I teach are made up of 80 % of corporate rules: how to present firm, products, projects or how to manage goals; and the rest 20 % of training comes from other courses I participate in like Brian Tracy MBA Symposium or The Way Ahead with Anthony Robbins. Hi ask me: What was the most important decision that you had to make, which had the biggest impact on your life. My answer is: My decision to work in a corporation.

Assuming…When we take a look at people’s needs according to MASLOW Pyramid we can see that corporations give a lot on every level of needs. It helps me to earn money, to be with people, to develop myself, to achieve awards and finally to develop my passion – trainings.

This is what people look for in their jobs the most.


What do you think, who's going to give more advantages, a small local firm or an international corporation. It depends on what you are looking for.


According to a quote “Bigger can more” corporation is unique source of developing possibilities in knowledge, skills, salary and personal development too.

This is my recipe for extraordinary effects we need to combine great effort, smart work, maximum your energy and focus on what you decide to do.

Zapraszam na szkolenia - https://solutio.biz/szkolenia.html



Komentarze

Na czym polegają sesje „Maximum Solutio”? I jak (współ)pracujemy?

"Koło życia" w 10 krokach - ćwiczenie coachingowe

Co łączy, a co różni coaching (Maximum Solutio) i terapię, np. Ericksonowską?

Na czym polegają sesje „Maximum Solutio”? I jak (współ)pracujemy?